Monday, October 09, 2006

Adventure in Oils

It's been an interesting month so far. As stated in my last email, I have dove head first into my new medium. I think Kat and Herschel (Girlfriend and son); think I now live at my studio at the Artist Gallery. On a side note the gallery's GRAND OPENING is 7pm 03 November, 2006. I'm very excited about the opening. I'm grateful to all of our supporters. Here is this week(s) work.

Breakfast Breeze
Oil on Canvas
31" x 38
$1000
(Now on display in the front window of the Artist Gallery).






















Shine on you Crazy Diamond
Oil on Canvas
20" x 30"
Not for sale
I painted this piece for Gretchen Pearson who is back to the Artist Gallery this week after being hospitalized for two weeks. The last I spoke with her we were listening to Pink Floyd (Wish You Were Here). I have always wanted to paint this song, .....and I did!!! This is how I see this song and Gretchen.

















Figure Drawing (Sep 2006)
Pastel
22" x 28"
Damaged not for sale
This weeks figure drawing class.













Don's Living Room
Oil on Canvas
31" x 38"
$900
I painted my living room in pastel a few months ago and it turned out great.This new medium is a hard challenge for me especially in this painting. I do however like the fruit tier and vase.




















Flowers and Fruit
Oil on Canvas
31" x 38"
$1000
This painting seemed to flow out so easy. It's also my favorite......for now. lol


Fruit on Plate (close-up)
Oil on Canvas
20" x 20"
$250

You can't tell in this picture that there is a glass in the top left hand of the painting. The green leaves are what I like best about this painting.












Shadowlawn Waterway (abstract)
Oil on Canvas
\22" x 28"
$300
I wanted this piece to look like my version of Monet's Water Lilies. If you drive west on Virginia Ave in Shadowlawn (Virginia Beach), you will see the back side of Rudee Inlet. The dark green water and straw were my inspiration for this painting.



















That's all for this week. You may view more on my Blog at: http://donwatsonart2.blogspot.com/

"A candle looses nothing by lighting another candle"













Don Watson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home